I stumbled on this place by chance on a hike in the woods. It’s an old stone, probably  18th century, house. It was large for the time so it was the home of a wealthy person. I couldn’t help stopping and exploring it.

If not stabilized this stone house will probably will not be around very much longer. All the wooden parts like doors, windows, roof and rafters are gone, or charred from fire. All that is left are the remnants of the stone structure and two chimneys with 3 fireplaces in each one.

Clicking on any photo below will open the gallery.