The New Jersey Pinelands – 6 Hour Tours
Photographing the New Jersey Pine Barrens and Beyond
This unique wilderness known as the Pine Barrens is anything but Barren. It is over 1 million acres in the most populated state in the United Sates. Come see and photograph this uniquely beautiful landscape with me. I’ve been exploring the Pine Barrens for close to 30 years and have found some pretty amazing places for photography. The forests, lakes, rivers, bogs, and even the cedar swamps offer their own beauty. These tours are a mix of photography and instruction that is tailored to the workshop participants’ abilities and needs.
Morning Sunrise Tour, Saturday September 16, 2017, 6am to Noon Cost $100 – Limited to 6 participants
We will meet at around 6am and travel to a special location in order to photograph the sunrise and continue on to more great places based on weather conditions and light. Afterwards you can join me for lunch and an informal review session of the work we did.
Afternoon Sunset Tour, Saturday Oct 14, 2017, 1:00pm to 7:00pm Cost $100 – Limited to 6 participants
You have the option of meeting early for lunch before the workshop. From there, based on weather conditions and light, we will travel to various locations in the Pine Barrens and end up at an ideal spot to photograph the sunset.
Notes on all of my Pine Barrens workshops
- I keep these groups small so I can provide as much time as possible with each of you to discuss the technical and artistic side of photography.
- I always bring my camera, but I’m not there to shoot, I’m there for you. If there is an unusual opportunity I may set up my camera, but primarily I have it to use for instruction.
- The best spots in the Pinelands are not right by the side of the road. We’ll be doing some walking on this workshop. Throughout the day we will probably walk around 3 miles. The terrain in the Pines is flat and sandy so it is relatively easy walking. If you have any issues or concerns about your physical ability to do this workshop, please contact me.
- Nature and weather are unpredictable, especially in the Pine Barrens. Each day can bring a different experience, so understanding that it is important to keep the workshop itinerary flexible will help ensure the goal that you get great photographs while experiencing the beautiful New Jersey Pinelands.
- Speaking of weather, we will photograph in most conditions, rain or shine. However, heavy rain and other dangerous weather conditions may force the workshop to be rescheduled. Should that happen and you cannot attend the new workshop, you can choose to receive a refund or credit.
- A deposit of $50.00 guarantees your place in the workshop. You are free to cancel and get a full refund up to 30 days before the workshop. After that you will receive a refund if I can fill your slot. I will make every effort to do so.
- Once you register, I will send you more details about the workshop including a list of recommended equipment and clothing.
- The cost of the this workshop covers the instruction and access to the locations we will be photographing at. It does not include transportation, to and from the workshop, lodging, meals, etc.
Full Days and Custom Tours
Let me know what you want to do and I’ll make it happen. We can mix instructional sessions or just explore the Pinelands. Contact me for more information and pricing.