Informative and Entertaining Photography Presentations
I’m happy to judge camera club competitions, juried shows and exhibitions.
Entertaining and informative photography presentations will instruct and show your group great places both local and distant. The instructional photography presentations provide insights on creativity and the practical techniques for making great photographs.
- Composition, a new look at the most challenging part of photography NEW
- Composition is more than a set of rules to follow. Discover the basis of composition and how to instinctively compose great photographers.
- Attitude, Inspiration and Composition: A No BS Approach To Photography NEW
- This isn’t a lesson in basic composition, it is a serious, but entertaining look at the 3 fundamentals building blocks required to create great photography.
- Finding Your Creative Voice REVISED
- Learn how 1 simple word and 4 questions can change your photography.
- Photographing the New Jersey Pinelands, Our Wilderness Next Door
- I’ve been photographing this uniquely special wilderness for over 30 years. Learn the secrets of the Pinelands including finding locations, composing images in this unusual environment and what equipment to bring with you. Please inquire about adding an optional 1 day photography workshop as at discounted price in the Pinelands in addition to this presentation.
- What Judges look for in Competitions and Exhibitions NEW
- This is a fun, yet very frank look at that hardest job any photographer can do… Judging! We’ll examine both the objective and subjective things that make a photograph great and exhibition worthy. Plus, YOU GET TO BE THE JUDGE! This is a presentation with audience participation and you get to judge some of my work and the work of the photography masters. You’ll discover that no photograph is perfect.
- iPhoneography, Creating with a SmART Phone REVISED
- This is not a lesson in taking pictures, it’s a lesson about creating photographic art with a smartphone camera and apps.
- Neighborhood Nukes, How To Do A Photography Project
- Learn how weave photographic story that goes beyond the individual images you create. This presentation uses my work documenting abandoned Cold War Nike Missile bases as an example. Note: This presentation has also been adapted to be a more historical presentation for historical societies and military organizations.
- Hidden Treasures, Photographing Abandoned Buildings
- There is a certain allure of abandoned places that attracts photographers. This presentation will show my work with abandoned buildings. It also covers specific approaches to photographing the strange an surreal beauty of forgotten places safely and without getting arrested.
Presentations can be customized and adapted to any meeting format. I am also happy to judge photo competitions if you hold them. For more information, you can fill out the form below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I didn’t know what to expect last night of your Pine Barrens photography presentation but you blew me away. The artistic aspect of your photos were incredible.”
-Monmouth County Camera Club
“Thanks for last night your judging was spot on. Will you be available to judge next season?”
-Ocean County Camera Club
“Everyone thought you did an excellent job in judging the many images presented – it was a difficult assignment and you handled the task very well.”
-Cranbury Digital Camera Club
“Your presentation on Finding Your Creative Voice was outstanding. It really opened my eyes to the creative process. the photographs displayed were amazing too. We greatly appreciate you presenting to our club.”
-Lehigh Valley Photography Club