New Jersey Pine Barrens Photography Workshops
Photographing the New Jersey Pine Barrens
This unique wilderness known as the Pine Barrens is anything but Barren. It is over 1 million acres in the most populated state in the United States. Come see and photograph this uniquely beautiful landscape with me. I’ve been exploring the Pine Barrens for close to 30 years and have found some pretty amazing places for photography. The forests, lakes, rivers, bogs, and even the cedar swamps offer their own beauty. These workshops are a mix of photography and instruction tailored to the workshop participants’ abilities and needs.
The Franklin Parker Preserve Photography Workshops
6 hour workshops $125
All these workshops are full.
Stay tuned for Fall Workshops
50% of the workshop fee is donated to the New Jersey Conservation Foundation
I’m excited to announce a partnership with the New Jersey Conservation Foundation to hold workshops on their 11,000 acre Franklin Parker Preserve. This preserve is one of the most scenic area of the Pine Barrens. Normally the only way into the preserve is on foot but we will have have special vehicle access in the preserve to photograph its uniquely beautiful landscape. We will be able to drive to special locations that normally would require several miles of hiking to get to.
For all workshops the group will meet in one of the parking areas and then group up in 2 vehicles to enter the preserve. Each vehicle will be connected by walkie talkie so we can easily communicate. Both vehicles will stay together at all times. We’ll drive to and/or take short walks to 5 or 6 locations throughout the workshop. Locations will vary based on weather conditions, time of year, etc.
- Size: Maximum of 8 people plus myself.
- Cost: $125 per person.
- Workshops are rain or shine unless the weather conditions are hazardous.
Fall Dates, registration will be coming soon
- Sunday October 18 – Sunrise, 6am to noon
- Saturday October 31 – Sunset, 1pm to 7pm
- Saturday November 8 – Sunset, noon to 6pm
- Sunday November 14 – Sunrise, 6am to noon
Camera Clubs – Ask about a customized presentation and workshop for your members. Fill out the form below for more information
Notes on these Pine Barrens workshops
- I keep these groups small so I can provide as much time as possible with each of you to help navigate the site, provide ideas, instruction and to discuss the technical and artistic side of photography.
- I always bring my camera, but I’m not there to shoot, I’m there for you. If there is an unusual opportunity I may set up my camera, but primarily I have it to use for instruction.
- Nature and weather are unpredictable, especially in the Pine Barrens. Each day can bring a different experience, so understanding that it is important to keep the workshop itinerary flexible will help ensure the goal that you get great photographs while experiencing the beautiful New Jersey Pinelands.
- Speaking of weather, we will photograph in most conditions, rain or shine. However, heavy rain and other dangerous weather conditions may force the workshop to be rescheduled. I will do everything I can to accommodate everyone’s schedule in rescheduling.
- You are free to cancel and get a full refund up to 30 days before the workshop. After that you will receive a refund if we can fill your slot. I will make every effort to do so.
- Once you register, I will send you more details about the workshop including a list of recommended equipment and clothing.
- The cost of the this workshop covers the instruction and access to the locations we will be photographing at. It does not include transportation, to and from the workshop, lodging, meals, etc.
Let me know what you want to do and I’ll make it happen. We can mix instructional sessions or just explore the Pinelands. Contact me for more information and pricing.
For questions or more information please email me here. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]