The New Jersey Pinelands
New Dates Coming Soon!
Photographing the New Jersey Pinelands
This unique wilderness known as the Pine Barrens is anything but Barren. It is over 1 million acres in the most populated state in the United Sates. Come see and photograph this uniquely beautiful landscape with me. I’ve been exploring the Pine Barrens for close to 30 years and have found some pretty amazing places for photography. The forests, lakes, rivers, bogs, and even the cedar swamps offer their own beauty. These workshops are a mix of photography and instruction tailored to the workshop participants’ abilities and needs.
3 Part Workshop Over 2 Days
Sign up for all or a any of the 3 parts.
Part 1 Photographing the Pinelands – $50
This 2 hour classroom session will talk about everything from how compose a photograph in the unique environment to finding locations and knowing how to prepare.
Part 2 The Sunset Photography Tour – $100
Put what you just learned into use. Immediately after the classroom work, we’ll head to the Pinelands to photograph some great areas and end up at a great spot to photograph the sunset.
Part 3 The Sunrise Photography – $100
We will meet at around 6am and travel to a special location to photograph the sunrise and continue on to more great places based on weather conditions and light. Afterwards you can join me for lunch and an informal review session of the work we did.
Sign Up for all 3 and save $25.00
Get more information here
Camera Clubs – Ask about a customized presentation and workshop for your members. Fill out the form below for more information
Have questions or suggestions
Notes on all of my Pine Barrens workshops
- I keep these groups small so I can provide as much time as possible with each of you to help navigate the site, provide ideas, instruction and to discuss the technical and artistic side of photography.
- I always bring my camera, but I’m not there to shoot, I’m there for you. If there is an unusual opportunity I may set up my camera, but primarily I have it to use for instruction.
- The best spots in the Pinelands are not right by the side of the road. We’ll be doing some walking on this workshop. Throughout the day we will probably walk around 1 to 1.5 miles. The terrain in the Pines is flat and sandy so it is relatively easy walking. If you have any issues or concerns about your physical ability to do this workshop, please contact me.
- Nature and weather are unpredictable, especially in the Pine Barrens. Each day can bring a different experience, so understanding that it is important to keep the workshop itinerary flexible will help ensure the goal that you get great photographs while experiencing the beautiful New Jersey Pinelands.
- Speaking of weather, we will photograph in most conditions, rain or shine. However, heavy rain and other dangerous weather conditions may force the workshop to be rescheduled. Should that happen and you cannot attend the new workshop, you can choose to reschedule to another workshop within 12 months.
- You are free to cancel and get a full refund up to 30 days before the workshop. After that you will receive a refund if I can fill your slot. I will make every effort to do so.
- Once you register, I will send you more details about the workshop including a list of recommended equipment and clothing.
- The cost of the this workshop covers the instruction and access to the locations we will be photographing at. It does not include transportation, to and from the workshop, lodging, meals, etc.
Let me know what you want to do and I’ll make it happen. We can mix instructional sessions or just explore the Pinelands. Contact me for more information and pricing.